Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009: The Year is Mine

I was considering doing a review of the year 2008. I decided against it for a couple of reasons. First: I already did a picture review of the summer, and second: I really didn’t want to write what I really felt about the year. I guess we can suffice it to say that I learned a lot from 2008, but those lessons are still a little too hard to talk about. So I am going to write about 2009.

I am really excited for 2009. I have been looking forward to it for some time now. Ever since New Year’s Eve night I have felt that there has been a huge weight that has been lifted from me. I think that this is the time for me to make things happen in my life. I didn’t have a lot going for me in 2008, but this year is going to be different.

Friday night I went hot-tubbing with my sister and her husband. We went early evening, and it was the perfect time. It started snowing when we were there. It was so beautiful to see the fluffy snow fall down. It is a great experience to be in a hot-tub when it is snowing. There is something really great about snowflakes landing on your bare skin and still being warm. It is something that I hope to participate in several times this year. It was an amazing evening. I enjoyed having some good quality chill time with my sister and her husband. I don’t hang out with them often enough.

It was a long December, but there are many reasons to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last. I am looking forward to a great year. Thanks to all my great friends who have been with me through the hard times. You guys are great and I really do appreciate you so much. I think that we all have a lot of great things coming soon.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I'm excited for 2009 as well. This is going to be a great year! It's already way better than last year. This time last year I was not married. But this year I get to be married the whole year long.

Robyn said...

I agree! This year will be better than the last. We are all older, wiser, and maybe a bit crazier (who couldn't do with a little crazy now and then?). I am excited to have a whole year with Jeff and to see all the new things I will learn. Each year I am amazed at how much I have grown in just 12 months. I hope you can say the same thing when 2010 comes around (and I think you will, your kind of awesome like that).

Darrell said...

There is something great about looking to the future with optimism! This year will be great!

patty dyck said...

not if i take it first!

jk, you can have 2009 too. you know i have a feeling this will be a good year for you jared. hope 110 and I can be a part of the awesome to come.